View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
1stepup

Hi team, still going here, busy week and still managed 8 AA meetings in 7 days! Watched Wales v Fiji in a pub last Thursday felt a bit strange to be back amongst the drinkers had loads of lemonade, one guy was drunk and like you Pink it makes me uneasy to be around so I left to watch it in a quieter bar where the barmaid announced 'Well, wonders never cease! Where have you been hiding?' Gave some excuses and had to stop her when she automatically started pouring a cider which I always drank there and asked for lemonade to which her and two other barmaids there were shocked and said 'Wow this really is a turn up for the books!' It felt good to drink that soft drink and leave in total control and in total gratitude that I could leave when I had planned to not when the alcohol dictated- which was usually closing time.

I frequent coffee bars more now and at a regular one I go to the waitress there used to work at a pub I used to go to, it felt nice when she asks 'Americano?' now in the same expectancy as she used to ask 'Strongbow?'.

Day 106 today, or 15weeks! Joined a gym programme which is an hour session twice a week, I still feel very self conscious despite being sober for a while now- hoping this fades as I get used to doing things sober.....