View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
PennyLane76

Originally Posted by Soberish View Post
I wish I had a different outlet for anxiety contol but am not really sure of what else to do other than post here and work out. Maybe you guys have some suggestions for me?

Once it gets going and it starts to escalate, it escalate pretty quick for me. I now have 4 days sober so thats good. I just text messaged a guy from class to see if he had any time to study after class today, we'll see wht happens. I'm hoping to talk to someone else in class today as well and see if they would like to study. At this point it could be anyone, I just need some study time with someone.

So far I'm ok but if I start reading that book again I might just psych myself out again...
Oh yes I know the newly sober anxiety, it will get better with more sober time. Also it seems you have a priority checklist so methodically checking off item by item may help? Dont look ahead on the list until you have done step 1? Mindfulness helps with anxiety but dont want to add to your stress now to read up on it, just file for later. Is there a student medical center that you can check in with? They usually have lots of resources too.

Best to you, you can do it! Step by step.