View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
helpimalive
Professional zombie fighter

Yeah, it's great that you posted, both before and after. If it were me I might have just disappeared off the SR map.

I'd also like to add, for the future, that a thing that's worked for me a few times in terms of coming home from work and passing liquor stores is: Take an alternate route, even if it's out of the way, that deliberately takes you past a place where you need to run an errand that you'll enjoy running, such as shopping for something you need (or have been meaning to get but don't need) and also like, or dropping something by a friend's place, that kind of thing. A fun errand. That way you're route home has an alternate stop to make that isn't related to alcohol, so you'll focus on that instead, and have something rewarding to feed your brain. I know that sounds odd, but for me, knowing I had set aside the money and directions to go by the game store on the way home, for example, since I like games, gave me safe passage home. Another time I just dropped off dry cleaning but it was pleasurable because I'd been meaning to do it without doing it for so long. That's just me.