View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Nice work everyone......proud of you all for getting through another day!

Yesterday was a rough one. I was achy and tired and actually thought (shocker!) some Jameson would take care of that. Then, the wife wanted pizza which is right next to the liquor store, but fortunately I had already crushed the AV by then.

What helped me was playing the tape and realizing what a few hours of "what I think is content, fun and relaxing" will be all gone come morning time. And then comes the regret, thinking, I could be on day (5), not again!! And then the natural alcoholic urge to wait for the liquor stores to open because what is the point, I drank last night.

Furthermore, I actually played the other tape. The remorse tape of having to let my SR colleagues know that I drank. And then thinking, I cannot even do that and stepping away from SR for a while again.

So, thanks for your stories everyone. By reading them and building the relationship, I felt accountable. I often feel I'm not helping anyone on here if I pound my chest about sobriety and never drinking again. I've felt this way before on my SR journeys and it helped me through another day.

Thanks Class of Octsober!