View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beeraholic

My last drink... again... really.

As I read through my posts on here many things become clear. Not the least of which is that I am an alcoholic and I have a problem.

I'll spare you all the details, but the basic story is that I continue to disappoint myself and my family in my attempts to quit drinking. My wife and I had a talk the other night that really set me straight... A week later. Basically, she insists that I speak with someone, even if it isn't her. For some reason I have no problem telling her that I think I have a problem, but I have a real hard time telling her the details of what it feels like.

This group is the first someone, next week I will find time for my first AA meeting, and I'll be taking advantage of my excellent health insurance and speaking to a therapist, I am hoping to find one that specializes in addiction. I have considered rehab, but that isn't an option right now.

Thank you all, as always, for your never ending support. I am back on-board. Better than ever. If I could quit for a month on two different occasions, I can quit for a lifetime.