View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katchie

Papers are signed

Finally, exah signed the divorce papers. I had to text him to make sure he follwed thru with doing it, since he had been procrastinating, and he shot back that, "yes, I signed them and your free!". Nice. Sounds to me like he isn't owning the fact he created this situation for all of us. I guess I should feel lucky his words weren't more colorful, but then we never, or very rarely, ever argued so I can feel the emotion behnd his simple words.

My son had knee surgery last Friday to clean up some rough patches on the meniscus. My exah had to be there to pay the deductible and he showed up almost 40 minutes late. He called me to let me know he had a morning meeting and thats why he was running late, but I know him, he had just woke up. When he finally arrived, my son and I were already in the back for prep and he looked aweful. His eyes were very very red. This sort of thing continues to have me feeling a sense of urgency because I cannot count on him to not lose his job. I hope he doesn't. I want him to recover for his sons, but seeing him that way and also hearning that he is sleeping in a lot and going into work late does not give me hope.

I am, however, so very thankful I was able to suck up the pain and move on. Last night I reconnected with a group of folks I haven't seen in years and realized it is because I started isolating myself and didn't realize it. My sister recently talked to me about how I quit calling her, quit getting together with her, but I now see her more than I have in the last 3 or 4 years. Its wonderful..I've missed all of these people and just didn't know it. I shared with my closest old friend what had happened since I had seen her last about 5 years ago and her response was, "why didn't you call me?" She doesn't understand and thats ok, im just thankful my old friends are still there with open arms.