Thread: How?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
InTheEnd

Originally Posted by Kallistia View Post
I just got tired of it - emotionally, mentally, physically exhausted to my bones of drinking and alcohol and the problems that came with it.

There's other benefits other than weight loss, saving money, feeling better physically, thinking more clearly, and so forth - but you don't see these benefits until you experience them. That's one of the kickers, you can't see how great it is to quit drinking until you make that step - but it is so worth it in the end........
That is exactly me! And so true that you don't see ALL the benefits until you experience it and it's absolutely worth fighting for. Acceptance is huge also. Drinking is just something I cannot do anymore....there is no more "just one or two" for me. There really never was, except in my mind while having the first and second. It was never a realistic thought. I even sorta knew that while I was drinking those 1st two, but it made me feel better for that short bit of time while drinking them, expecting a different outcome, but always ending up the same.

I had to stop, accept what I am and move forward from there.