Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 01:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

Smile Step 9...We made direct amends....

Step 9:"We made direct amends to such people wherever possible,except when to do so would injure them or others."

Pride,fear, and procrastination often seem an impossible barrier; they stand in the way of progress and growth. We make amends to the best of our ability.When we make amends,we are doing it for ourselves.We feel relieved about our past.Sometimes the only amend we can make is to stay clean.We owe it to ourselves and our loved ones.We approach those we have harmed with humility and patience.A lot of courage and faith goes into making an amend,and a lot of spiritual growth results.We achieve freedom from the wreckage of our past.

For me, sometimes it is hard saying 'I'm sorry'.But I do it because it is owed. I made such havock in my life. There were many people I hurt. I've said I'm sorry to most, some didn't want it, some just wanted me to stay clean, this time.The best I'm sorry, is turning my life around. Only then, will the people I hurt, really be convinced, that I truly am sorry...