View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
healthyagain

Zircon, why do you want him to take you seriously? And I am asking you this because exactly 6 months ago, a wise person from this forum asked me the same thing.

This sentence was a turning point. It is not important whether he takes you seriously. His head is in alcohol fumes. He cares only about his addiction. The real question is do you respect yourself? What are your boundaries? Do you want to keep living like that? Do you hope that some miracle would change him?

I just went through a speedy divorce, and my husband never took me seriously. And till the last phone call of his, I was hoping that he would say, "Please do not do it. Let's save our marriage. We have been through so much to stay together." Nope, he asked for the apartment keys. And he got them. And 10 days later, divorce was final.

You are dealing with a brain soaked in alcohol. They truly are living in their own reality. What he sees is not you. It is what he believes that you are. It is a distorted image of you that he does not respect. Does not take seriously. And takes your love and kindness for weakness.

In the past 4 months, my ex's behavior got so CRAZY, that I am not even mad anymore! I am absolutely shocked.

Step out of the circle of madness, get some distance (emotional at first, although physical is way better), some time for yourself. Get in touch with an attorney, explore your options. It is a very good first step.