View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
newpage119

Originally Posted by stephmadam View Post
so, next monday (5th october) i plan on quitting and just seeing it through regardless of the suffering i may feel. however, i need some aids in order to succeed. i dont have a doctor and dont really want medication anyway. i hear many people basically saying do whatever you want, just stay happy/content, eat what you like, do what you enjoy etc.
i have tried all that and all it means for me is that i have a great day doing all the things i love, eating whatever i like without worrying and then giving in and drinking at night.
the only place i drink is in my living room after 9pm. how do i avoid that? my partner goes to bed early to be up early for work so i cant stay in the bedroom. all i have every night is an empty living room, a computer and an immense craving. i cannot go out, i cannot go to another room as someone is sleeping in every room other than the kitchen, i cannot have a bath as it is so noisy it wakes everyone and i cannot sleep (it just doesnt happen). i can read, do a jigsaw, play a game, but i keep clock watching and eventually i drink, even as late as 1pm. i am utterly alone with my cravings.
i am desperate here. can anyone help?
Hi Stephmadam,
I agree with the others about the date. Having a date in the future doesn't do any good. Preparing yourself doesn't do any good. Been there done that. EVERY Monday morning I was gonna quit! It IS HARD to quit, but you just have to go through it.
Then done is done. And you never have to do it again......Yes there will be cravings, but you have to ride them out......and things get better, cravings get less, and you notice suddenly your life is AWESOME! Your children will be delighted to have a sober Mom!

I was a 5 pm after work drinker, and had a drink the moment I walked in the door! I think I was grabbing a drink before I took my coat off sometimes....YUK!

What helped me in the early stages was to make some fancy non alcoholic drink and a small snack when I got home from work.
That helped tremendously.....I still do that. I use club soda as the base and mix sparkling juice or regular juice. Or iced tea, or regular tea.
Handful of nuts, some crackers, and the takes the urgency away.

And come here, post questions, share your success......

You CAN do this!