View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoberInCLE

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
I have waves of that type of thinking, too. (I'm 2.5 months, so we're recovery neighbors!). Some days I'm just so blissfully happy. I'm inspired, I have so many plans, everything I want seems possible. I see challenges and they get me so enthused I'm just all sunshine.

And then, for no real particular reason, everything feels impossible. I feel like I've fallen behind my peers and will never catch up again. I feel like my faults are insurmountable because I'm just never going to be good enough. I don't want to get out of bed, either.

I think part of it's brain chemistry... I know PAWS can manifest as depression and anxiety, and the wavey-ness of it seems to fit that model. I also think part of it is just that I've been hiding from my problems, and now I'm just living with them. Being sober hasn't magically fixed every single problem I have. And I get impatient with that.

Anyway, I hope both you and I feel better as we get more practice under our belts.
Thanks, fantail! Congrats on beginning your recovery!!

It could be PAWsy symptoms. Today has been a dumper - not feeling inspired like yesterday.

On the other hand, I didn't go to be bed very early. I'm going to have to bend some of my old habits. I need to concentrate on really making this important to me and then put forth more effort into making it happen. It may seem easy, but it isn't easy for me. And patience.