View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
rjh

Originally Posted by QuitForSon View Post
Like the title states the AV keeps haunting me. I will go for a week or 2 then the AV kicks in and I end up convincing myself that I deserve a few beers and its only one day, well we all know that once the AV gets a taste it just wants more so I end up drinking for a day or 2 more then realise the mistake and quit again for a week or 2. Just writing this as it helps me fight the demon. The biggest problem is the depression I get after a couple of days off the wagon that will last for a few days. I am keeping busy with work, my son, and exercising but I still get bored/lonely and those were always my biggest triggers.
QuitForSon.... This is working for me.. I posted on other thread. Here it is...
A good support team is the key i found. I went to AA , and got as many numbers as i could, talked to as many people as I could. Will be uncomftable at first, but AA members are truly good people, and ready to help and listen to you. I talk daily to as many people as i can. I goto meetings daily, I CANNOT DO IT ALONE!!, and Iam powerless. Get a sponsor also. AA may not be for everybody, but it is working for me, and Iam just sharing my experience. These forums are an awesome tool to have. But I found I really needed to go out and listen, and talk face to face with other alcoholics. A sponsor I know said something the other day. He has been sober 9 years. He said , What ever makes you uncomftable in the beginning of your sobriety.... Do It !!
Just try an open speaker meeting...Shake peoples hands, give them a hug, interact, they wont turn you down.
If AA is not for you, then find sober friends, as many as you can.
A sober friendship is the best kind. This disease is the devil. But if i can find one positive out of it, it is that i have met the best people through recovery.
Alcoholics were the only people that truly understood what i was going through.
Just saying what is working for me.
You dont have to beat this disease alone, just have to put yourself out there.. There are people willing to help.
One day at a time.....