Thread: Procrastination
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dropsie

Thanks to everyone who posted for getting on board.

As requested, I will send a reference to the materials I was mentioning about the link between procrastination and addiction.

Concerning my personal need to self destruct, there are many examples, but one that comes to mind is that I worked all the hours that God gives during my eldest youth to become a partner in my law firm, which is a huge deal, and then quit when one of my colleagues was not nice to me to start all over. Really?? This was insane by anyone's standards, even my own, but at the time seemed to make perfect sense.

re the time suck stepping in, ever since I quit drinking I simply cannot self motivate, or maybe I never could but just now don't have something else to blame. I have hundreds of stories just like fantails, which was a great post by the way, but I just cannot get to it and I think it all boils down to my need to create the circumstances of failure, just like booze did. Plus a healthy dose of not wanting to do what someone else tells me to and major avoidance behaviors.

What they are learning about procrastination is that at its core it is more a personality or psychological problem than an organizational problem, although personally I have both!! Lucky me.

OK so now for the accountability part -- I have ten major things to get done this week and I will do three today and check in with an update -- anyone going to join me? Fantail?? Too Shabby??

Thanks again for all your thoughts -- I love this place.