View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Room1 View Post
Just thought I'd check in as it were, I have been reading your posts, I just don't always log in to do so. I have an appointment Thursday to "talk" to someone, apparently it will take 20-30 mins, the first appointment is over the phone, kinda dreading it, they apparently assess me from there, I have forms I have to fill out before they phone so I can relay the answers, some of the questions are just not relevant I don't even know what I'm going to say, least I'm doing something though, right?
I can't remember the last time I filled in ANY kind of form that I didn't have to put n/a next to some question or another. Doesn't mean that the whole form and what it was for was n/a though, so don't let that put you off, or think the process is pointless.

And I find that with these things, saying the truth is the only place to start. Anything else is pointless. Although that was very hard to do at first. I never considered myself to be a complete out and out liar. I was just in the habit of trying to frame the truth in a way that people would be happiest to hear them. (I would try out conversations over and over in my head with "I've say this, then they'll say that, and they'll think... oh no, well, if I that that, then...." - all very exhausting). But as I started recovering I also started to realised that the uncomfortable truth is far more conducive to sorting stuff out than when I have soft-focussed things a little. I suggest you fill in out in an outrageously honest way, as if no-one else will ever, ever see it. And if you really think something is n/a just put n/a.