Thread: Gastritis
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Not a doctor but I can tell tell you a whole litany of my problems vanished over the first 3 months of sobriety
This. I had severe health problems at 32 years old that were diagnosed as "acute" to see if they went away and it was the first doctor visit in years. I had extremely high BP too. My doctor called it "stroke level" and she said she was "worried I was going to stroke out on her" right in the office. I'll never forget those words. I can still see her expression too.

Long story short, I'm in great health now. I've been sober 16 months. So many health problems disappear with complete and total abstinence. I cannot stress that enough: complete and total abstinence. Oh, and you can't ever start again.

And they often disappear on their own. I was in no way a health freak when I got sober. I ate junky food and still healed and am now in fighting shape.

Simply not drinking alcohol which is poison and actually hydrating yourself with.....drumroll.....WATER does the body wonders. I do take a multivitamin every day.

I like this example:

"Doctor, I have the worst headaches....."

Doctor: "Have you considered putting down the sledgehammer and smashing your head with it?"

"Hadn't thought of that....."