Old 09-26-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Puddinface52

Letting go....28 Year old Substance/Alcoholic son

Here I am....back on the same roller coaster ride - yet again. 28 Year old son (in reality - more like 16 years old emotionally) once again has relapsed. Not sure what he is doing now - possibly opiate pills/drinking. No proof but I know the routine and the cycle. He looks terrible. Broke up with the girlfriend for the third time which threw him into a spiral - self-medicating. Bouncing back and forth between home and his friends house. I am once again obsessing about his safety, health, friends, etc. pacing the floors with worry. (This has been going on since he is 16 years old....arrests, rehabs, jail time, out patient counseling...etc.) I made it clear to him today that he will no longer be staying with us as I am suspecting he is using again. He of course denies it. He is welcome to shower, have a meal....but will no longer rule my world with his addiction. It is too much for me to bear any more. We have tried everything to help him - have supported him - encouraged him....its just a vicious cycle that just never seems to end. He doesn't want to go for help - not interested at all. Just needed to vent....its been a long time since I have been on here. It's a comfort to know I have someone to talk to.