View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Juno11

Thanks everyone I am committed to this. I have enough history with alcohol to know it doesn't offer anything positive for me. And yet I needed one more data point - or even if I didn't need it, I got it.

I had a stressful week (kind of as usual) and had nearly 10 days of sobriety and then convinced myself that if I only drank HALF a bottle of wine instead the full bottle AND ate dinner with it instead of an empty stomach like last time I would be just peachy in the morning. Here's what actually happened:

- I did buy only 1/2 bottle and there is no other alcohol in the house
- I did have it with dinner
- however, #1 it didn't taste good at all. I would have rather had a glass of water or a diet coke or anything soft drink. I was just drinking it for the buzz.
- #2 Instead of feeling buzzed and happy, I actually got sad. The alcohol made me sadder than I would have been if I didn't drink it. So much for the euphoric buzz I was looking for.
- #3 I woke up in the middle of the night with hot flashes and sweating, like I get with a hangover.
- #4 When I woke up in the morning, though I didn't have a hangover per se, I was extremely groggy and had a headache.
- #5 I was tired all day from the poor quality sleep I had because of the alcohol in my system
-#6 I still had a headache even in the evening.

It's just not worth it!! Any pleasure that I used to get from drinking alcohol is long, long gone.

I have started reading "The Final Fix: AVRT" by Jack Trimpey. I bought it long ago and have never read it. I'm continuing with all other tools that I started before. This is going to happen because there are no positives anymore re: drinking (for me)!

My boys and I saw Hotel Transylvania 2 tonight. It was cute