View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
CaliButterfly

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Guess I'll be the first to ask for help and reminders. I don't want to. I want to just run to the store, buy a four pack of beer, and not give anyone a chance to talk me out of it. It's Friday, my moms coming over and I'm cooking for her - I love to drink and cook - and it's much easier being around my mom with a buzz.

But... I just looked in the mirror and my face looks so good! Healthy, bloat is gone. I'm losing weight finally. I also want to get up tomorrow and jog- a good jog- not a sweat out the booze and suffer through it jog. Plus- if I drink tonight, I'm sure I will tomorrow when I'm alone and don't even have to hide it. My mood is improving every day. I have so much more patience at work and home with my own kids.

I think I may have talked myself out of it, ha!

I'm not out of the woods, but drinking sounds really stupid to me right now.
This post couldn't have come at a better time, FBL, thank you! I just did something really stupid. I offered to go to the liquor store for my AH since he had other errands to run on the way home and I pass right by it on mine. So I did. Got his bourbon, and ran to the cash register. Bought it, seeing the vodka tempting me. Sprinted to the car, all the while my AV screaming at me to go back inside for my weakness. I did not. Came home, pulled into the driveway, and burst into tears. Crisis narrowly averted.

Reading what you just described as reasons not to drink propped up my resolve to abstain and I'll make it through the night. Again, thank you!!!