View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Snb welcome. Your intentions for getting off the perks are a good one. Your concern for your unborn baby's welfare speaks volumes. But there is a right way of doing it and a wrong one. The right way is the honest one. Please be honest with your doctor. Only your doctor would be able to answer these questions for you anyway. He/She may be able to put you on a slow taper if you are capable of following one. If not...there are other ways to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. Whatever you do...please don't go cold turkey...not without informing your doctor. Cold turkey puts lots of stress and strain on our bodies and when we are pregnant it can become fatal.

I did that very thing and unfortunately it put my BP sky high and close to having seizures and I was forced into having a C section three months early. Fortunately, my daughter survived but she is legally blind due to retinopathy of prematurity. So please, please do not mess around with your health and the life and welfare of your baby. Be honest with your doctor as to how to handle this! Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.