Thread: 10 weeks
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Holds1325

10 weeks

Hi all,

Just figured out im on day 70 of this trek.

Just wanted to post (again), about my time being sober. So yeah so far its tough, but I have not given in yet, although I've wanted to almost every day.

My life seems to have turned a complete 180 on me since I quit drinking. I used to be a carefree type of guy. Now I have huge anxiety, depression, health problems and a failing relationship.

I went home to an empty house last night and that was the most difficult thing I've ever experienced in my life. Of course woke up in a panic several times, slowly trudged myself out of bed, but got ready, showered, got dressed, combed my hair brushed my teeth, put my "everything is okay" face on and trudged out the door.

I know I shouldn't keep inventory of the bad things occurring after I quit but its so hard not to when things I've never experienced in my entire life are happening to me that I never imagined would.

Oh well, the only victory I have so far is that I never did give in through all of that, even though I wanted to. I think a quote I heard once was "courage is moving on when you don't have the strength to." Don't remember who said that but I definitely don't have very much strength left within me.

thanks for listening to this,

Hope your week is going okay.