Old 09-23-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by quest7 View Post
Lol, I am social and like to talk to the guys about other stuff that is not always AA related. I learn more from the rides, to and from the meetings, than I do in the meetings. But, I am going to look around for different meetings in my area.
Ain't that the truth I really used to enjoy the drive to out of town meetings for that reason. It was great.

A couple of other points from your posts. AA is not a mutual admiration society. You are not going to like everyone you meet and you don't have to. And just because you don't like/relate to/ someone doesn't mean it is a resentment. Trust your conscience on this. Youy are not always going to be in the wrong.

Knowledge of the steps can be had by reading the twelve and twelve. Understanding of the steps can only be had in hindsight, having taken them and felt the effect. It is impossible to understand the steps in advance because in taking them, you are going to exeperience things that are completley new to you. Recovery comes through action rather than knowledge.