Old 09-22-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
quest7

Unhappy Am I at a stand still or Pink Cloud over?

I have been sober for 2 months and my problem is two-fold. This is not my first time in recovery, I have tried plenty of times. I have a sponsor and go to 6 meetings a week. Also, I am on my 4 step and will be doing my 5th, this weekend. I want to get this right, so I ask a lot of questions. Sometimes, [I feel] like this one guy, who "runs" the meeting thinks I think too much and I do not always see things the same as he does. It has got to here we barely speak or shake hands. I feel like, he wants everyone to praise him and I do not do that. I talked to my sponsor about it, and he did not take me serious. It is to the point, that I do not want to go to that meeting anymore. But, I do not have a car right now and have to catch a ride with the guys from the group.

The second thing is with the group, I feel like I am not progressing at [my] rate, and I hear the same things over and over. They say, do not be in such a hurry, but I want to get it right. Before and after the meetings, I listen to Joe and Charlie and other speakers that I can find on-line. It is to the point, that I do not share anymore in the groups. I do not want to be looked at, like a "know-it-all", but I want more details into the Big Book.

It is like, either I am trying to move too fast or just sitting still. I want to be sure, it is not me and that I am slowly headed for a relapse. I do not want to drink, but I feel like the meetings are not giving me enough.

Thanks.