View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
powderline

Yes. I agree. All of my quality friends were near 50 and married. The people I could count on and enjoy. But at 37, I would have liked to have had a couple more around my age. And you're right; the male to female ratio is outrageous.

I had a very bad ski accident around the time I first posted here two years ago. It easily could have been my day. I thought to myself, "Ok... Going out doing something I love would be ok (unwanted though). But going out due to booze would be horrible."

Shortly thereafter, I was in the hospital again, because I found I had fluid on my abdomen. I got real dizzy and couldn't stand up. Ambulance came. Docs checked me out and the doctor sat me down and said, "You must stop drinking. Your liver and your pancreas hate you." I promised to do so... She gave me some Ativan. Of course after I ran out of Ativan after withdrawing, I went to a friend's place for his birthday. I thought one drink couldn't hurt. I did keep it to two and went home. However, you all know how the story goes... Two years later, I have finally decided enough is enough.