Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

Lightbulb Step 8...

"We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all."

Step 8 is a test of our newfound humility.Our purpose is to achieve freedom from the guilt that we have carried.It will make us feel better to clean up our lives by relieving ourselves of guilt.This step is to help build awareness that,little by little,we are gaining new attitudes about ourselves and how we deal with other people. As a result of this step, we recieve a new freedom that can end isolation. As we relize our need to be forgiven, we tend to be more forgiving.

Wouldn't it benefit to love ourselves a little more? Wouldn't saying I'm sorry make you feel better about yourself? I know that,for me, I am very stubborn.It was hard for me to say 'I'm sorry'. But I knew that, I had too. How could I possiblly forgive others or myself, if I couln't say I'm sorry? Today I try to focus on what other people feel. And I did some horrible things in my addictions...if it meant I'd have to say I'm sorry to the whole world , just to stay sober..I would do it....I WILL KEEP COMING BACK...