View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Frick,
I used to think drinking would make me feel better..No. It only ended up amplifying whatever was wrong and then boy were you ever in for it. If I ever got upset while drinking we will talk about something that happened 10 years ago and how I am still pissed off at you over it. So unfair to never let anyone get past it. How many mean things I have said over the years to people I love. Hence why I have taped at my work desk "Look back, but don't stare".
I thought of something I have read this morning...acceptance. This means accepting the fact that no matter how much I wish I could drink like a normal person or drink in moderation or drink in general, I just Can't. There's the fact, Can't. Not going to happen. So when I say I have accepted I am powerless over alcohol, even 2 months later, I may just now have "got it". I haven't just stopped drinking, I have finally gotten that I have "accepted" it. It's my future.
Anyway, happy day to you and thanks for letting me rattle on! Keep on keeping on class of September!