View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Both links were very helpful Soberwolf. I'm trying to feel my feelings and have identified them as merely feeling sorry for myself. I woke up feeling sorry for myself.

Let me back up - I was diagnosed as a diabetic last year. My treatment is diet and exercise. Last night I made a dish I love and haven't eaten in well over a year. I thought I would try it and I ate only a moderate portion, but my blood sugar skyrocketed. I had to 'walk it off'. Needless to say, I won't be eating that again anytime soon. So, this morning, I'm thinking about all the things I can't eat, then I'm thinking about not being able to drink. As it got closer to dinner, I'm serving Hubby the leftovers of last night's dinner, while I have a salad. Meanwhile, he's drinking until dinner is ready. Yup - I'm having a pity party and I feel like crying.
I don't eat sugar either or any processed food. Its a once in a while (and that means a few times a year) thing. Its hard. But I find that if I eat lots of lean/quality protein and plenty of healthy fat (like avocados/nuts/good oils) I crave sugar far less. Be sure and add a lot of protein to that salad...eggs are great too. I'm sure you're doing this. But I've found when I'm really cutting fat for example, my sugar cravings go way up. Good fats are good and don't make me fat. I have to remember that.