View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Hi All. I'm on Day 11 today. I've been having bad cravings all afternoon. I read that they only last 20 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be the case today. It's not anxiety, but a true craving for a drink. I've tried all sorts of things - vacuuming, clothes washing, reading SR, walking the dog and now trying to watch a movie. All I can think about it having a beer. Hubby just got home from work and just grabbed a beer, heading up to the shower. He will drink the rest of the evening. Right now I'm sipping on seltzer water while Hubby is drinking and it's not very satisfying.
That is so rough with beer being right there. I've been pondering the drink too. More than normal. I think what happens to me is I start to entertain it....as opposed to observing it and quickly letting it go by. When the desire sticks around longer, I know its not a craving. Its the obsession...and for me those are very different things. I am a bit down and lonely right now. No one would know, or care, if I drank..except for me. I know that I will be lonely and down with alcohol, or without, so why risk it? I think about tomorrow and waking up feeling good. I play the tape through to the end. What if tonight isn't the only night? How will I handle the hangover? I will miss hot yoga, which I love more than drinking.

I know in order to stay sober I have to do just that. Sometimes its hard. I won't drink tonight. I can't. I hope you can stay strong.