View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Originally Posted by Dim View Post
so here I am sitting in ER so they can manage my withdrawals after abother 6 day binge that almost killed me. After my last one, my g/f threatened to walk out, I had my whole family in tears and I had no choice but to come in so this withdrawal wouldn't kill me. I'mean now checked in to a detox centre for a week starting this Monday and i'm terrified of being away from my family let alone my gf who is hanging on by the shortest of threads. I'm so disgusted with myself and the state I've gotten myself into again and am now even starting to stress and worry about damage that i've cause to my brain drinking so heavily for so many days straight. looking for some love while I get through the next couple of days. Can anyone lend some support?
lots of love X
Hey Dim
I'm so glad you're getting the help you need. That is a great first step. Focus on you in the detox facility and work on setting up a good plan for support when you get home. I've been to inpatient detox twice...both times completely alone, no one to call, no one to pick me. You are fortunate you still have a family and gf to miss. Even though you have folks who still stand by you, getting out of detox is surreal so you really want a plan...I'm sure there will be counselors who can help you with that.
You don't have to be like me and lose loving people in your life because they just can't handle the sadness of watching you destroy yourself. The good news? You never have to go through this again. Best wishes and good luck in detox