Old 09-17-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Below is the Photo Finish of this morning in which our 2 alert Contenders got Shotgun in a thrilling beginning! Promptly followed by a gracious Concession!

On this yet-again fine Topic from our Fearless Thread Leaders, I think it wise to re-invent oneself over time.

Now that we're mostly settled in to this new House that I designed and built p/t over ~12 years, it's time to issue some new challenges of a more modest sort.

I take the endless House- and Techno-related Tasks at a more relaxed pace. Listen to new Music. Take a lot more Pictures, obviously. Lightly buff the edges of the Soul that I used to drink away in furious frustration. Only to become more frustrated...

I get out more. Today is Fishing - an excuse to be out in Nature at some new place - and engage in my favorite thing: simply seeing new 'stuff'. Remain curious. Think of a new solution to something when I'm not even trying to think of a solution. Let go quiet the static noise that used to constantly roar in my Head. Zen out in this moment. Not in some past or future moment...

This Howard Jones Song came to mind. We saw Howard solo in a small converted Movie Theater. Fabulous Sound Mix from an engaging Personality. Long before anyone else was doing so, he would scroll his Apple PC to the next Song - chosen on the fly - and out would come all the backing Tracks he'd re-recorded in the Shed behind his U.K. House. He played quite like in the style of this Vid. His Mum sold Tee Shirts & CDs in the Lobby.

'You can see the summit but you can't reach it
It's the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain'

Give the Lyrics a good listen, and start this new Weekend like no other.

- 'No One Is To Blame' ~ Howard Jones - Live -

- Lyrics -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Photo Finish.jpg (54.0 KB, 69 views)