Old 09-17-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Wink Evolution revolution weekender thread Sept 18th until...

It's conflict that makes choice possible.

Do I want to drink or don't I want to drink. What will I choose. How many times must I choose until I stop asking? What is the freaking answer to all this?

"You can't become what you want to be by staying what you've been."

That quote was passed to me by Nonsensical. A suggestion for this weekend's theme. I rather like the topic. Thank you Nons!

How must I evolve? How must I grow to get past the conflict of choice? There is a place when living sober that the choice is still made but it shifts somewhat. Or at least for me it has. From "should I drink?", "should I not drink?" to, "do I want to live like that?" or "do I want to live differently?". I choose differently over and over.

The conflict of choice will never go away. But it can be asked differently. It can grow and evolve.

What will you ask yourself this weekend that will allow you to make a choice to grow?

I think we need to hear some wise words from Mecanix don't you?

*Ring Ring*

“The first bell is the bell of mindfulness, calling to me and you.

It says stop what am i doing right now, take some breaths, feel my body, am I holding it tight and tense? Relax… calm down… life is a journey and not a destination, make the journey as glorious as possible.

The second bell is the freedom bell and I'm ringing it for you to let you know freedom from drink and drugs is available to you, come and hear us calling out to you.”

Welcome to your sober weekend!

Ken