Thread: Need Some Help
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zircon

Need Some Help

Hi, I'm new here. I'm married to an alcoholic. My husband and I have been married 9 yrs, together 11. For the first 9 years he was the most wonderful, kind man. The last 2 have been a living hell. We have gone through a lot together. I lost both parents, had a brain hemmorage a few yrs ago, and his mother's health is failing.
He has always drunk, but now he hides his bottle, and drinks, I think to live. He is very verbally abusive to me. It used to be only a few days a week, but now it's nightly.
It seems like he becomes a different person, almost a switch was turned on. I'm finding now he isn't rembering what he has said to me and is calling me a liar. He doesn't want to quit. I asked him and he stated no. He told me you knew I drank when you married me.
I am not a young woman, and love my husband. My heart is breaking. I had no control over what happened to my body. He is making a conscious choice to abuse himself. Not one day goes by that I don't wish to have my old body back. This is my first step, hoping to find some help and support in this forum. Every story I've read could be my story. Thank you