View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Yeah, I tend to be that way, too. A LOT. As much as I'd love to say I don't care what people think of me, I do, especially in the context of doing new things--and especially with stuff related to my job. If you read my thread about stressing over my trip to Morocco (leaving in just over THREE DAYS), you'll see what I'm talking about. I can get paralyzed over decisions that really DON'T MATTER that much--fear of making the wrong decision, doing the wrong thing can really hang me up.

I didn't have pressure on me to be perfect growing up, and I don't think it has anything to do with my relationships with alcoholics. It MIGHT, however, have something to do with WHY I became an alcoholic. Drinking numbed down the anxiety.

Now, I still experience the anxiety but I've learned to cope with it for the most part--at least to the point where I don't have to numb it. It does make me procrastinate, though.

Hey, none of us is perfect. I think almost everyone has some personality traits they'd be better off without.