View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
hopeful54

Hello Class - Quit Day

Originally Posted by Coleiope View Post
Gjess, we have the same sober date! Way to go! This is the longest I've abstained in over 2 years. I feel pretty great! As far as the suspicious spouse, my huzzy was always quite aware the extent of my drinking... He doesn't drink much, but sometimes he would bring home a bottle of something, so he could enjoy a cocktail on his day off...imagine my embarrassment when the bottle was half gone the next day:/ he was always astounded. "When did you even drink that, I couldn't tell you were drunk?!" Needless to say the bottle was either hidden(by him), or gone in less than 48 hours if I could find it. I am I'm a booze seeking missile. Seek and destroy. I've always admired people who could keep a variety of spirits in their house or a couple beers in the fridge...that will NEVER be me. I have a nasty old bottle of amaretto and an ancient bottle of Kahluah in the lazy Susan. I won't touch them though, too low ABV and sweet for me.

"We're our own dragons, as well as our own Heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves." -Tom Robbins
Hey Class,

Well it looks like August 17th is a popular quit day - congrats to Gjess and Coleiope! August 17th is my quit day as well, so today is my day 30. A big congrats to everyone in the class as well - we're still here and fighting and to me that is what counts. The last time I went alcohol free for a month was 2 years ago - I drank again and it all went downhill. I really hope to avoid that mistake this time! All the best to everyone and let's stay with it.