View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There's a good case to be made for it being in my DNA too Zen- but that doesn't mean I'm doomed to drink. I get it, I really do - I drank while I could 'get away with it'... the trouble was I lost more and more things, things & people very dear to me before I could no longer get away with it...and then longer still before I finally pulled up. I really wish I'd quit 10 years earlier, and you'll hear that again and again on these boards. Maybe it's time to feed the wolf you want to win? D
You can chalk me up for one of those who wish I had quit earlier. I wish I had listened to my wife when she said I drink too much. There was nothing anybody could say or do. I liked my beer plain and simple.

Didn't think I had a problem at the time. I just had a few beers at night. It didn't start that way with only once in a while, then only weekends, then only after dinner....

I had to lose everything dear to me before I realized I had a problem. It took getting drunk all day every day before I started realizing I had to slow down. It took having anxiety attacks constantly and major depression before I realized I had to stop.

I'm an addict. It's in my DNA. No doubt about it.
I'm free now and it's liberating. I've finally figured out I can't do any substance that makes me high. No had my first joint at 15 or so, my first drink before that. Took me over 30years to learn that for every high I made, there was a low that followed.