View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Great stuff. I also ponder how there is 7 billion people on earth and thousands of religions. What make christanity right vs. other religions? How could there be space in heavenfor some many thag have come and gine already? I guess it takes blind faith. I have an extremely hard time not questioning or trying to rationalize these things.
I'm not sure how you took the leap from 'God' and 'Higher Power' to Christianity. It is a higher power or our own understanding (i.e. Not ourself - we are not in control of everything). Of all the people I've met in the AA rooms, a very small % have been Christians.

Also, mostly when I go to AA I'm focussing not on Alcohol, but on my recovery. When you look at the steps, it is only the first one that actually even mentions alcohol. For me, AA is not about getting sober. It's about learning to be happy sober, and know ways to deal with resentments; anger; fear; etc. without feeling the need to reach for alcohol to put a fuzzy blanket over these uncomfortable feelings. Also, how to address my character defects so that I can conduct myself in a way that causes as little harm as possible.