View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Greetings!

Just a quick post - my brother is here from Dallas - unexpectedly - leaving tomorrow morning. Things are just as bad at home, and he still has not done anything about it. I just hope and pray he does not start calling me again.

Pink, the last time I went to have drinks at a fancy outdoor cafe I ordered a frozen strawberry daiquiri with no alcohol. It was delicious! It had about an inch of whipped cream on top.

Ultra, you should order one of those if the chance of a complimentary drink comes up again.....

Book club is reading The Memory Man - so far I really like it. Some of my favorites recently have been Me Before You, The Girl on the Train, Black Mass, The Girl You Left Behind, and All The Light We Cannot See.

On Friday I drove a woman in her 70s to an eye appointment. She told me her husband was in a golf tournament, and when she was at the COA playing Mah jong she asked for taxi recommendations, and when she explained, someone told her the COA has volunteers. I really enjoyed her company; she is a retired nurse. And, the best part, she had no idea that they had volunteers to drive people to doctor appointments, and she and her husband are both signing up to drive people. That made me feel even better. Tomorrow I am driving someone to Boston for a second opinion about hand surgery. I asked to do easy appointments to get started - no cancer treatments, etc. until I am used to it.

I am on edge (but SOBER) with my brother here. I think I have PTSD from all his phone calls last year. Sad to say, but I will be relieved when he leaves tomorrow.

Let's keep on keeping on.