View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Doing for yourself...

Wanted to share this and ask others who want to share to do so too...

What do you do FOR YOU?

I realize that for SO many years, my hobby was managing/controlling/obsessing about xAH. Even when he did not live with us, my "hobby" was concerning myself with what crazy antics he was pulling and how it impacted us all. And certainly his antics hurt the kids and I and did and do impact us. That has not stopped and likely won't anytime soon.

But I have consciously decided to make myself a priority and focus on things that I enjoy FINALLY, or I should say, once again...

Some of it is that the kids are old enough that I can leave them home alone for a bit to be able to do things for me (like running) and part of it is that I decided I have a right to do things for me and deserve to and for me that's a big step...

So...

I organized a running group of other moms (dads could come too, just happens it's moms who wanted to) and we meet 3 x a week before work (5 am- ugh!) to run together... Its only been going for a few weeks but it's so nice to be back to doing something regularly with others and doing it for me-- it's not for my kids, it's not for work, it's for me and I realized this morning that it has been years since Ive done something for just me....