View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
LSC1
Learning to LIve

Hi secret drinker
Fellow Aussie here and mum of two. How are you going ?

I know the feeling of living in a small town and being too scared to go to AA. Because that has stopped me going there.

I too used to count down till the kids were in bed so i could kick back and drink. I was always counting drinks in the afternoon and always worried about getting a DUI. Luckily for me i was driven to work nearly every morning .. so i could drink before work. I always thought i would have to be hospitalised or locked to stop drinking. I COULD NOT stop for my kids regardless of how hard I tried.

The SR chat room has been my main sobriety tool. I log in and i chat sfter work and after the kids have gone to bed and in the holidays in early sobriety the people there were my sobriety life line ... they stopped me taking that first drink numerous times. Now it is a part of my daily sober routine.

I also use(d) the AVRT online crash course and still do especially in social situations and when dealing with my AH.

I have been to two AA meetings (way outta town) when i was visiting family and friends. I felt right at home. If i was brave i would go in my home town.

I would recommend talking to a doctor and asking for contacts for sobriety groups or addiction counsellors. There is more help out there then just AA.

I hope to see you soon.

Drop in here (or into chat) and tell us how you are going.

Cheers