View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Grateful11

Ultra - Great job on the marathon-plus run! I am amazed. So proud of you and inspired by your dedication.

(((Pink))) I hope you feel better soon. I also like the phrase "feeling pants". I'm going to bring that to the Chi.

London - Good work passing on the free drink and getting out of there. That sounds tough especially on vacation. Croatia sounds beautiful and I heard the food is delicious. You inspire me to research more vacation destinations! =)

Scooter - So proud of you for volunteering to drive. When does your Book Club meet up again? Any good book recs - I need a good story to get lost in on the train.

Choobie - I hear you on the being clear and sober for the teenagers. I don't have a car right now so I have to rely on other parents but I am so grateful that I am sober enough to make sure they are safe and when they come home I don't need to worry about hiding anything from them. Instead my worrying is focused on them and their wellness as it should be. It feels good to be a better mom.

Determined - thanks so much for your comment about the AV the other day. I didn't have time that day to respond but what you wrote really helped me. It was a new feeling for me at this board meeting because I was not at all obsessed with what everyone else was drinking and in no way felt deprived. They also provided delicious flavored sparkling waters which was impressive. It wasn't until I left the meeting that I started thinking about the alcohol more - not even that I wanted it but almost convincing myself I must not have a problem because I didn't want it (if that makes any sense). Since I'm sober now I knew that was a red flag and then realized I was exhausted and hungry. I went right to bed after posting here and was fine the next day after reading your post. I had some fleeting thoughts again today that bothered me. Again, I did not want to drink but thought about it - where I used to buy it, where I used to drink it, when I used to drink it, luckily that turned into how I used to feel after I drank it, where I would end up at the end of the night, etc. but it still bugged me that it was on my mind more than it has been in a while. I went for a 10 mile bike ride, then walked for 2 hours at the local botanic garden so I was never bored and actually had a wonderful, relaxing day. It helps so much that you all get it.

Hugs to all.