View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
jjj111

"That's why we were buying our own place."

Shil, just to be clear: there is no "we" in the house purchase, is there? He is buying the place with money HE inherited and you are hoping to live there rent free?

My last AXBF told me that he would soon be inheriting a large amount of money. I actually think in retrospect that this was a lie, but that doesn't really matter, I believed him at the time. And looking back and being brutally honest with myself, it kept me hanging on. I loaned him money, and he told me that he would repay me and then some. I thought he was going to take good care of me when he got his inheritance. I couldn't wait to have my financial worries disappear. I have to admit it: greed kept me hanging on. I thought that I had earned the right to benefit from his inheritance with all the love and patience I had poured into the relationship. Well, in the end I never did get my payday. He still owes me money, and I had to let it go so that I could live a healthy and happy life.

I guess I'm just saying: check your motives here. It sounds like you're still holding on to the fantasy of moving in with him eventually. In order to let go of this relationship, you might have to let go of both him and also your fantasies about what his inheritance can do for you.