View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Retread1959

Good news came today. I pitched a client yesterday, someone I used to work with who is now in a position to hire someone with my skills. Told him I am planning to retire and strike out on my own in a few months and he wrote back this morning and said he is very interested, wanted to know if there is a way I could work for him prior to my stated retirement date. I have some wiggle room there and it sure would be nice to strike out a little earlier than I had planned, but it would depend on how much work he might have for me.

Anyway, I'm to send him some work samples he can pass around to his team and if that goes well I guess we'll discuss next steps. I'm figuring I can afford to charge an hourly rate that's about 1.5 times what my hourly salary is right now. That should cover taxes and business expenses without pricing me out of the market, I think. He should have budget for that, so we'll see how it goes. So excited.

Also had my rehearsal tonight, and that went well. Life is busy. Riding lesson in the morning, early, so I'm getting to bed here soon. Don't really have much time to drink, and I guess that's a good thing. Night everyone.