View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
BringingBackB
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Welcome to the group Fantail

Day 58 here and I'm exhausted.

I've had a stressful and not very enjoyable day at work to be honest. Basically my 'role' within the company runs out in 3 weeks time. After then I will be put 'on the bench' until something else comes along within the organisation. This is the sort of thing that drives me bonkers as I hate not knowing where im going to be in a month's time. My head starts racing with all sorts of ridiculous theories like they are trying to get rid of me etc etc, it's never as bad in reality as in my imagination. I just need to keep on trucking through and hopefully something will come up.

I did have an urge to drink today after work, just to make my mind be quiet for a while, but I fought back. It's been my first big urge in a few weeks. I got home as quickly as possible and headed straight out for a bike ride. The exercise calms me down but also helps me get my anger out in a positive way. I was going up hills like a man possessed!

Fair to say im mighty glad now that I didn't cave and remain sober. I had a nice meal and bath and am now ready for bed. My weekend is packed with activities to keep me busy and away from isolating.

So, 'on to the next one' as Jay Z would say