View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
SwimKim12

Hang in there, SG! You can get through this. Play the tape through - how horrible will you feel tomorrow if you drink today? The guilt, anxiety, nausea...you don't deserve that! Shoot the AV down no matter what excuse it gives you to drink.

It's funny how our moods are cyclic: when I was in a total funk you guys were here to cheer me up and keep me motivated. Now I'm feeling pretty good but others are struggling. That's why being in a group is so helpful during recovery. Someone is always there to help when you feel down. I like it!

I watched an episode of intervention last night. Hadn't seen it in years. My AV even poped up and tried to convince me that just giving up sobriety and getting drunk all the time would be "freeing." Yeah right! Anyway, it was so inspiring to see the difference in the subject alcoholic after three months in rehab. She looked tremendously better. But of course the show said she relapsed her first day home and she claims to be sober but her family says she's not. It was inspiring and devastating at the same time. Crazy to see the hold that alcohol has on some. Made me grateful that I never was that far gone. And reminded me why I can never drink again: because that could very well be me.

Those who are struggling please hang in there. Remind yourself why you are sober and that alcohol will not make your life better. Only sobriety can do that.