View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Starting day 127 here. Had a wonderful day off work yesterday. It was very centered around recovery. Over the last few weeks, I'd found myself pulling away from reading/helping others in the Newcomers forum and I was definitely feeling the disconnection towards this place and my recovery so I decided yesterday to start back doing what I did to get sober in the first place. I read all the new threads there and commented where I could. I also went to two AA meetings, both were wonderful especially the evening meeting. That Thursday night meeting is nearly always my favorite of the week. Just a great mix of newcomers and oldtimers who all have valuable things to share about recovery and who all seem genuinely happy to see me. I also spent three or so hours at my dad's house in the afternoon, had dinner with him and my step-mother and nephew. That was nice. It was just a good day. Period.

Back to work tonight. Hopefully the money will be better this weekend than it was last holiday weekend.

sagittarius -- vent all you want. That's what we're here for. I was an only child myself for most of my childhood (gained two baby step-sisters when I was 15) and definitely can vary wildly between thinking too much about pleasing others and wanting it all for myself. Do the best job you can at work with whatever task/shifts you've been given, help others there when you can, and it'll all work out in the end, I'm sure.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday. If you haven't checked in lately, hope you'll do so today. We're here for you whether it's day 1 or day 140. Lot of folks MIA here that I'd love to hear from.