View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Retread1959

Hi everyone! Day 15 here. I've mentioned before that my doctor prescribed librium to help ease the detox a bit, and I have appreciated having that little bit of help but have decided that I need to start working on getting through my after work cravings on my own. Came home tonight, my husband had his band members over and they are all drinking beer. I had planned on a riding lesson but it's too hot to ride so that was canceled. Anyway, I don't even like beer but I really wanted to join them and have a beer, too. Instead, I made a glass of lemonade and we talked about why I couldn't have a beer and how I almost died a couple of weeks ago. That didn't make me crave any less, but it kept me from feeling too deprived.

After they went into the garage to play I just played around on the computer a bit. Still fighting a craving, but I'm going to see if I can get to sleep without the benzos tonight. Don't want to trade one addiction for another, but I also know that I should be grateful my doctor cares enough to give me the help and keep me from killing myself with drink. If I find it impossible to wind down and sleep, I'll probably give in and will at least know that I waited longer tonight.

Glad to see that everyone is pulling through these major cravings and temptations. It's so freaking hard sometimes. The AV is relentless. JL, I'm glad you stuck with us, too.