View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by D122y View Post

Casey...I went to an AA meeting last week. They read from the BB. Many folks talked about it as it related to them. We prayed at the end. I got a temp. Sponser.

Do people usually go to meetings to help increase their sobriety strength?

Curious....What do you do at your meetings that makes you want to attend more often?
I didn't start attending meetings this time until around the 40-50 day mark as this May class was enough support for me until folks started dropping like flies in mid-June or so here and I decided I needed something more in my recovery plan.

Currently, I'd say I average three meetings a week. I'm not working an active 12 step program at the moment and am still using SR as my primary source of recovery support, but I definitely look forward to the meetings I do attend as a way to get some face-to-face recovery talk. Plus it's an hour a day when I can get out of my own mind and house and little world and instead focus on others who are also on the road to recovery. I went to two meetings today and both were absolutely amazing.

What makes me want to attend more often? Basically I almost always walk out of a meeting with a feeling of peace and serenity and some assurance that I've made the right decision in removing alcohol from my life. I like that feeling so I keep going back.

Glad you made a meeting and hope you'll give some more a try. It certainly can't hurt and might be a huge help.