Thread: I'm ALIVE
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 03:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
roadie58
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Good morning world. Thanks for the posts and hugs. Was up a few times but slept soundly between 2 and 5:30. Doing dishes now cleaning up my mess of a house. I'm just disgusted with my living conditions. Embarassed for people to come over, so time to get busy and change it.

I just want to make one thing clear. Although I'm technically on day 2, thanks to the AA program my slips are always pretty minor. They've learned to mess up my drinking and using to that extent. So although I get pretty wiped out, I feel that I don't entirely lose my clarity, know what I mean? It's not like I've been out there using for months (although I did that last summer). Been in and out of AA for almost 3 years now. I'd say a good 1/2 the time clean and sober. I know that doesn't give me 1.5 years of sobriety, just want to give you some background on where I'm at in the 'program'. I'd give it a rating of struggling, but getting it. In other words, although I relapse, I do know right from wrong now. I'm not trying to defend or rationalize my using, just history, okay.

I will do meeting in am and noon today, then my AA mens workshop meets on Tuesday nights. That will be about 4 hours of AA pounded into my head today. A friend will visit for 2 hours this am for workout, so if I get 3-4 hours of work done it'll be a miracle. But I'm going to try to keep moving- no naps today is my goal.

Now where is Richey- I worry about him.