Old 09-09-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Frixion
Journey of Sobriety

Originally Posted by back2thegoodME View Post
Hi Frixon, I drink too much and become pretty mean to my boyfriend lately i think because i have no self esteem, take it out on him and i dont want to drink anymore but that is all we do. does your bf support your sobriety? i know mine wont. he will never stop drinking, he drinks to pass out on weekends, most of the time. i hate being lonely and i know once i choose to be sober i will be alone.
When I drink I pick fights about anything, and become like a child having a tantrum when he refuses to argue back with me. I am pathetic when drinking and my insecurities also come out.

He has always supported me in being sober, but he continues to drink because he does not have alcoholic tendencies as I do. Last time I started to recover, in my weakest moments he would talk me out of drinking.

I'm sorry to hear that your BF is unable to be supportive of your sobriety as he does have some alcoholic tendencies. Just remember it is always better to be healthy and productive alone than it is to suffer in a unhealthy situation. And even with that you are never truly alone; just as I am trying to build a supportive network - so can you