Thread: suicide note?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tartel

suicide note?

i have just received an email from my ex-AH, in which he states he wants to kill himself and feels very depressed. He has threatened to kill himself before, but this one looks less like a dramatic ploy at manipulation and more like a calmer, well thought out email, kind of like a suicide note. he says he doesn't want me to blame myself, but that since he was arrested (which he apparently was, a few weeks ago) he feels completely hopeless and unable to find peace for himself and that he sees death as a solution to him missing me.
basically, i think he is asking me to help him, something i am not able to do anyway, as it would me engaging in conversation with him (which, i suppose he is saying would help him). i don't know how to deal with this.
i've been NC for a while now. i don't know how to respond to this, or if i should at all. should i talk to one of his friends or something? or let it go as one of his momentary urges? i don't want to talk to him, but i don't want him to die either.