View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome you wonderful friends.
I spent 6 days there , they didn't think I needed 7 . No shakes no sweats , didn't really need Valium after day 3 .

But what it has done is a lot for my mind. Because we were locked in and had no technology . It gave me time to really , really think.
I need to do something with my life that helps people.
Like really helps.

I had many one on ones with people who were in a very bad way. We sat we talked , we ate , we ate some more , then more.
The nurses were so busy there was only 2 to a ward of 10. That's ridiculous.

There was never one when you could find one. Not their fault , just bloody government cutbacks on everything.

I found myself being in the role where they were coming to me to be calmed & needed support , encouragement and hugs.

I love people and managed to keep 3 people who were packed to leave to stay on and eat with us all at the table.
Some people are incredibly shy.

Before I left I found home made letters & envelopes on my pillow. From those telling me they loved me and will never forget how I helped them.

I cried , because each and everyone of those troubled souls was just like me. I swear alkys are the nicest people .

My favourite was Neil , very shy , an academic. He lectures psychology at the university. He didn't speak much & was sitting all alone . I asked him why he was sitting there with all his friends and he jus t burst out laughing.
He said I think I've offended the boys with my pyjamas cos they're not cool.

I said I'll show them cool!
I went into my suitcase and dragged out my cougar onsie with the hood and ears and sat with him.

We got to talking about his son and how his 26 year old has been in there 6 times already for meth and alcohol , yet everyone thinks they have this perfect little life.

Before we knew it it was lunchtime .

He started e sting with us from then on and it was lovely. We all had the best conversations with no phones to be picked up.

They were in hysterics with the pjs , I said , now move along , don't hate me cos I'm beautiful . That was our funniest day there.
Neil got changed after lunch , but I just pj'd the day away , lovin it.

So that was it it , I wore my difference onesies each day , I would love to have had a group photo.
When Neil left , he slipped me his email and said if I wish to let him know how I'm going feel free to email a time. He is very happily married , so there was no connotations.

He said this is usually awkward for me but I love you so much Wendy , you're a lovely woman and are the glue that keeps this unit together. I will never forget how much you've helped me and he hugged me.

He said I don't ever hug people , with that he hugged me with tears in his eyes and simply said thankyou.

He turned around around and said YOU need to be doing this , you have helped all of us. It made me cry , I went back to my room and was very emotional.

Isn't it funny how we are ALL just people . He with his high end well paid job , me cleaning and physically working hard , yet we both connected on the same level.

2 people with a problem we want to fix.
Such a lovely man . I hope things get better for him. To look at him you would think he had the world at his feet. I really loved him on an emotional intellectual level.

I'm seriously thinking of giving up my job because of my back. I'm going to be looking into lots of things today.

Yes Deeeeeeee !!!! I finally have a plan :-)

Woot !

I feel a peace and contentment I haven't felt in years & mannnn does it feel good

I have learnt so many important lessons about people , about life & about myself .
Thanks for listening , I love & have missed you all .

For you Dee

image.jpg